Real Estate Brand’s Sales Growth Outpaces Industry Average as Steamboat Springs Saw Resurgence of Interest
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Steamboat Springs, CO, April 5, 2022 – Cam Boyd & The Boyd Team took home multiple awards from Steamboat Sotheby’s International Realty. Ben Berend, The Boyd Team’s newest teammate, was recognized as Rookie of the Year selling $4.6M in his first year in real estate. The Boyd Team won the Global Summit Award. The Global Summit award is the highest recognition from Steamboat Sotheby’s International Realty.
The Sotheby’s International Realty® global network achieved a record US$204 billion in 2021 global sales volume, a 36% increase in sales growth year over year, as U.S. cities saw a resurgence of interest following the pandemic and sales activity in secondary and resort markets around the world remained strong. The brand’s U.S. sales volume grew by 33.8% year over year, significantly outpacing NAR’s national increase of 20.6% from the prior year,¹ underscoring the brand’s leadership in the high-end market.
Cam Boyd of The Boyd Team, said, “We are proud to be part of such a top-notch company, and to be recognized by Steamboat Sotheby’s is an awesome honor.”
Reinvigorated Interest in Cities and Continued Strength in Secondary Markets Fueled Sales
- The Sotheby’s International Realty brand’s existing presence in major metropolitan and resort markets around the world ensured the brand was well-prepared to meet the renewed interest in cities and the sustained boom of secondary home markets.
- With remote and hybrid work models influencing buyer behavior in 2021, secondary markets and resort areas like Steamboat Springs, CO continued to produce high demand and increased prices.
- In the Steamboat Springs MLS, 2021 posted 1,794 transactions, bettering 2020 by 8%. According to the company, total volume was $1.631 billion, the highest on record and a 34% increase over 2020.
- Steamboat Sotheby’s International Realty’s recorded nearly $788 million in residential sales volume in 2021, accounting for 34% of the total market share.
An Award-Winning Year for Innovative Technology and Offerings
- Sotheby’s International Realty continued to lead the industry with its technology and marketing efforts. Sothebysrealty.com saw more than 46 million visitors in 2021, a 25% increase year-over-year and the most visits to the website in its history. The site was also named Best Real Estate Website in the People’s Choice Category in the 25th Annual Webby Awards, recognizing the brand’s efforts to introduce translations in 14 languages, nearly 60 currency conversions.
- The Boyd Team’s websites continue to be ranked at the top of search engines like Google and Bing. With over 18,000 visitors to Steamboatagent.com, 12,000 to Steamboatcondos.com, and a mobile-first approach to emphasize the method in which today’s clients are buying and selling homes.
- Property videos, which exploded in popularity during the 2020 lockdown, have continued to trend as more buyers start the initial viewing process online. Videos produced by Sotheby’s International Realty agents were played nearly 90 million times – a 50% increase year-over-year.
- Sotheby’s International Realty was also awarded the honor of 2021 Top Luxury Brokerage by Inman, the industry’s leading source of real estate information. The prestigious award is a testament to the brand’s achievements in luxury marketing, record-breaking sales, and high-quality service.
- The Boyd Team has switched from paper brochures in boxes to digital format. This switch reduces the amount of paper necessary for advertising and eliminates the waste that comes with printing materials. With a QR code on every yard sign, it is easy for customers to find more information about the property from their mobile devices.
¹Copyright ©2021 “Existing Home Sales.” NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS®. All rights reserved. Reprinted with permission. January 20, 2022, https://cdn.nar.realtor/sites/default/files/documents/ehs-12-2021-overview-2022-01-20_0_0.pdf
Cam Boyd & The Boyd Team is a real estate team with Steamboat Sotheby’s International Realty. Cam Boyd is a broker and former owner of Steamboat Sotheby’s International Realty. With over 33 years of experience in all aspects of Steamboat real estate, he has worked with more Buyers and Sellers than any agent in the Yampa Valley. His sales volume has ranked him as one of the highest producing agents in Steamboat Springs for the last 13years. For Steamboat Springs Real Estate needs visit steamboatagent.com.
Cam Boyd & The Boyd Team
610 Marketplace Blvd STE 100, Steamboat Springs, CO