Originally posted on https://www.onlineflooringstore.com.au/aquaplank-laminate-flooring/
Are you interested in laminate flooring but hesitant because you have heard it is susceptible to water damage? Then Signature Floor’s AquaPlank Laminate Flooring might just be the solution you’ve been looking for.
Our selection of AquaPlank laminate flooring features unique characteristics that guard against sun or water damage (unlike traditional laminate flooring or real timber). Forget having to worry about high replacement costs, spills, or damage and consider AquaPlank instead.
This next-generation laminate boasts a strong resistance to water along with the aesthetic appeal of real timber without the drawbacks.
AquaPlank Laminate Floors From Signature Floors
Took a dip in the pool? Head on inside without fear of dripping on your floors. Getting the kids out of the bathtub? No worries! Getting back from the beach? Come on in! AquaPlank laminate floors are designed to withstand both the harsh Australian climate and the great Australian lifestyle.
AquaPlank is the ultimate in water-resistant, stress-free flooring, meaning you can relax knowing your floor will not fail, buckle, shrink, or warp.
Benefits of AquaPlank laminate floors include:
- Shrink resistant
- Water resistant
- Weather resistant
- Wide selection of colours and styles to choose from
- Resistant to dents, scratches, burns, and stains
- Warp resistant
- Exceptionally durable
Clem Sturgess (from Signature Floors) discusses the benefits here:
The Technology Behind AquaPlank’s Water Resistance
AquaPlank’s durability and water-resistant properties are a result of 4 key features.
1. Atroguard Water Resist Technology
One of the biggest contributing factors to AquaPlank’s durability is its Revolutionary Atroguard Water Resist Technology. This feature functions to ensure any spills cannot permeate for up to 72 hours, keeping your floors protected and warp-free.
The advanced manufacturing behind AquaPlank’s SureCore results in a finished product that boasts 60% greater stability than typical laminate floors. This ensures that your floors will not shrink, warp, or lift — even when facing Australia’s toughest conditions.
3. 2 Pass Power-Seal
AquaPlank features a 2 Pass Power-Seal applied to all plank edging, resulting in a watertight seal. This makes AquaPlank an ideal option for family rooms, laundries, kitchens, and bathrooms.
4. Atroguard Heavy Commercial Grade Surface Protection
AquaPlank laminate flooring is coated with a commercial grade protectant that further enhances the durability of this revolutionary product. In the event of a mistake — which we all know is bound to happen — AquaPlank flooring offers superior resistance against burns, indents, stains, and scratches.
Additional Benefits of AquaPlank Laminate Flooring
Along with superior durability, water-resistance, and stability against Australia’s harsh environment, AquaPlank offers even more benefits:
Low-Fuss, Easy Care
AquaPlank requires minimal maintenance. These easy-clean floors require almost no care to keep them shining and beautiful.
First, be sure to always wipe up any spills immediately. While AquaPlank is water-resistant up to 72 hours following a spill, it is still important to wipe up any standing water as soon as possible.
Second — unlike real timber — AquaPlank floors can be wet mopped to help keep them sparkling and new. Regular sweeping and vacuuming are also excellent ways to maintain your floor’s appeal.
The Tight Lock installation method firmly secures each plank in position and allows for fast, easy installation.
The stable core technology allows it to be installed in areas up to 400m2, no transition strips required.
Enhanced Aesthetic Appeal
AquaPlank utilises EIR (Embossed in Register), a feature designed to raise the surface to provide the textural interest seen naturally in real timber. This unique feature echoes the grain pattern of natural wood and truly brings AquaPlank designs to life.
Quite simply, the precision shaping of AquaPlank results in a more realistic, aesthetically pleasing floor.
UV Cured Coating for Enhanced Durability
AquaPlank® features an extra hard-wearing clear, enhanced UV cured coating which is scratch, stain and burn resistant.
AquaPlank Includes a Lifetime Residential Warranty
You can rest easy knowing your AquaPlank laminate flooring is backed by a lifetime residential warranty.
Which Areas or Rooms Are Best for AquaPlank Laminate Floors?
Let’s take a look at the ideal areas to install AquaPlank laminate floors. With a host of impressive, revolutionary features, it makes the perfect addition to a variety of settings including:
- Second Storey Rooms
- Commercial Spaces
- High-Rise Dwellings
- Living rooms or other areas with a lot of windows or natural light
- Over radiant heating systes
Here, we’ll explain the details behind AquaPlank’s ability to function beautifully in a variety of settings.
Since all products in the AquaPlank collection utilise groundbreaking Atroguard Water Resist Technology that allows them to stay water-resistant for up to 72 hours, AquaPlank floors are well-suited for rooms you wouldn’t ordinarily install laminate.
This means that rooms at a high risk of moisture or spills — laundries, bathrooms, kitchens — are still suitable for AquaPlank.
Because real timber flooring is susceptible to moisture damage, installation over underfloor heating is not usually recommended. AquaPlank, on the other hand, has the advantage of being able to be installed over most sub-floors, including underfloor heating. (NOTE: AquaPlank can only be installed over embedded underfloor heating, not one that rests on the sub floor.)
By using LuxeLay underlay, your laminate flooring will be even warmer, more comfortable to walk on, and quieter. Choosing this option makes AquaPlank ideal for hi-rise dwellings or second storey rooms.
Additionally, since AquaPlank is specifically designed to resist the harsh effects — warping and shrinking in particular — often caused by Australia’s harsh sun, AqauPlank is excellent in rooms with high exposure to natural light
A unique surface protectant makes AquaPlank laminate flooring even more durable and worry-free. The result is a laminate surface that is harder to scratch, stain, dent, or burn, making it ideal in heavy traffic areas or commercial spaces.
Designed With Australian Living In Mind
Wide-open doors, trips to and from the beach, large glass windows… sun and nature are integral to the great Australian lifestyle. However, as wonderful as this lifestyle is, it can take a toll on flooring!
With its exceptionally tough UV coating, AquaPlank’s advanced manufacturing ensures it will maintain its integrity under the toughest conditions. Finally, a flooring that can keep up with our Australian lifestyles!
AquaPlank Design Options
The Atroguard Water Resist Technology and sun protection qualities of AquaPlank flooring are further complimented by a wide range of stunning, sophisticated colour options.
With three stunning collections — Mornington, Whitsundays XL, and Peninsula XXL, the AquaPlank series offers a truly comprehensive selection.
AquaPlank’s Mornington selection is particularly gorgeous if you gravitate toward traditional Australian-inspired styles. Offered in five appealing styles:
- Bayview Blackbutt – Featuring gentle natural grain variation, AquaPlank’s Bayview Blackbutt is a classic, refined, rich flooring. It is excellent paired with vibrant, bright colours to contrast its deep tones. Its natural, smooth appearance makes it an especially beautiful flooring choice for bedrooms.
- Beleura Spotted Gum – With reddish-brown hues, the Beleura Spotted Gum colour features a mix of tones that create a graceful, classic effect. We recommend this flooring in dining rooms, kitchens, sunrooms, or any room you want to add a touch of refined elegance to. Warm colours and natural accents such as houseplants pair well with the light and dark tones in Beleura Spotted Gum.
- Jacana Spotted Gum – With its golden tones, Jacana Spotted Gum is a popular colour among fans of natural Australian styles.Its brighter appearance works especially well in dimly lit areas, but also lends itself nicely to sunnier spaces. Cool blue or green tones help complement the bright tones in these planks.
- Nelson Blackbutt – Nelson Blackbutt works effortlessly in just about any space. With clear, gentle, subtle variations in its grain pattern, this smooth style is excellent in living rooms, bedrooms, and large spaces. It works equally well with both bright or dark colours.
- Wilson Spotted Gum – Imbued with simple rustic charm, AquaPlank’s Wilson Spotted Gum colour imparts a simple, rustic charm to any room it is added to. Its mix of yellow, red, and medium brown undertones is excellent when paired with red colour schemes. We recommend adding some antique finds to your decor to really bring out the character in this flooring and complement its ruggedness. It is particularly excellent for adding interest to laundry rooms or kitchens.
Whitsundays XL AquaPlank
Extra-long Whitsunday XL AquaPlanks are ideal for a variety of settings throughout your home or commercial space.
This collection works especially well in large rooms due to the extra-long plank size. Available in 8 traditional flooring styles, choose from a wide range of colours and patterns:
- Daydream Oak – The gentle grey colour of Daydream Oak features a vaguely aged, delicate grain pattern. This versatile, serene colour looks great with both bright or neutral colours and is particularly stunning in bedrooms and bathrooms.
- Brampton Oak – Deeper colours such as Brampton Oak add a rich, rugged, interesting appeal to your home’s interior. We recommend pairing this flooring with dark brown or black furniture for an especially stunning, intriguing ambiance.
- Long Island Oak – With a subtle grain pattern modeled after traditional oak flooring, the luxurious Long Island Oak colour will effortlessly complement your space. The medium tones of this style lend a classic, natural look that pairs well with a variety of decor.
- Airlie Oak – With light, dusty grey tones, AquaPlank’s Airlie Oak features a modern edge paired with traditional oak style. It works beautifully as a focal point amongst soft white accents in a bathroom or for adding to a laidback beach vibe.
- Hamilton Oak – Hamilton Oak’s etched pattern and muted brown colour gives the appearance of well-worn hardwood floors. This elegant, subtle flooring works well in rooms you would like to impart a fun, vintage style.
- Hayman Oak – If you are looking for a unique take on traditional oak styles, Hayman Oak offers a unique, interesting etched grain pattern and a lovely dusty gold hue. It works well with brighter pops of colour to help contrast its muted tone. We think these planks are especially stunning in bathrooms and bedrooms.
- Lindaman Oak – A mix of smoky grey shades blend seamlessly in the Lindaman Oak colour create a modern, luxurious, modern style. Lindaman Oak’s dark, smoky tones make it ideal in well-trafficked, small areas when you accent it with the right lighting. Adding this interesting flooring to a monochromatic colour scheme is a sure way to create a modern, unique space.
- Whitehaven Oak – Glacial white tones with a hint of smoky grey in the Whitehaven Oak colour create an icy, cool ambiance that lends itself well to laundry rooms, bedrooms, and bathrooms. A subtle grain pattern echoes the traditional appearance of oak flooring.
Peninsula XXL AquaPlanks
Do you have a lot of space to cover? The Peninsula XXL collection might be your answer.
The sun and water-resistant qualities of the AquaPlank Peninsula XXL collection come in five variations of classic Australian hardwood species:
- Boneo Blackbutt – If you enjoy a classic look and feel, the Boneo Blackbutt colour makes an excellent option, especially situated alongside sleek, modern furniture.
- Dromana Spotted Gum – The Dromana Spotted Gum colour features a chaotic, memorable, rough grain pattern that alternates between light and dark golden tones. Gentle blues, greens (especially plant life), or purples act as the perfect offset to this rougher, brighter flooring.
- Flinders Spotted Gum – The Flinders Spotted Gum design works very well in small spaces such as bathrooms, offices, or bedrooms. Its deeper, reddish-brown colour looks particularly great when contrasted against lighter walls.
- Portsea Spotted Gum – Featuring alternating brown, yellow, and red, the Portsea Spotted Gum colour offers a sophisticated, distressed style. The unique mix of colours creates various points of interest that help catch the eye, making this an ideal flooring for creating movement in a room.
- Sorrento Blackbutt – The Sorrento Blackbutt in the Peninsula XXL collection compliments both sunny and dimly lit rooms. Our experts recommend these planks for unusual spaces such as entryways, hallways, laundries, guest bedrooms, sitting areas, or bathrooms.
For more customised styling advice and to learn about the full collection, be sure to reach out to one of our experienced team members. We are here to answer your questions on which styles would best suit your needs and mesh with your design preferences and space.
Contact the Online Flooring Store
At the Online Flooring Store, our extensive collection of Aqua Plank laminate flooring is sure to have the right colour or style to fit your design preferences.
Shop AquaPlank laminate flooring today for a smart solution to the many issues magnified by Australia’s harsh climate and sunlight.
Contact one of our experts to learn more about the benefits of Aqua Plank laminate flooring and how it can benefit your space and needs. Our expert flooring team are available to help with every aspect of your planning process.