Valley Pain Clinic offers interventional pain management as an alternative to pain medication and surgery.
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Decatur, AL, Oct 14th, 2021— Living with pain shouldn’t be an option, and Valley Pain Clinic: have the solution to any pain-related condition. Offering Interventional Pain Management Services as an alternative to pain medication and surgery they review a thorough medical history, including past records and a comprehensive physical examination, supported with appropriate diagnostic studies, to accurately diagnose and then treat painful neurologic, spinal, and musculoskeletal conditions.
Their main goal is to help you enjoy your life, manage pain and improve function. Their board-certified physicians and nurse practitioners are experts in diagnosing the source of your pain and designing a treatment plan utilizing interventional management procedures and techniques and appropriate medication management. Offering a multimodality approach of interventional pain treatment tailored to each patient, they treat all major painful conditions from refractory headaches to spine and extremity pain.
Their common pain diagnoses are organized in 5 different fields :
- General pain: by talking to their patients and performing a physical examination, patient follow-up interviews, gather data, and reviewing past records, X-rays, MRIs, and CAT scans, their specialists will establish a specific treatment plan for each patient using the latest technology and techniques.
- Spine pain: neck, low, and mid-back: providing implementation of appropriate therapy, spine injection therapies, epidural, and other types of spine injection therapies should be targeted towards your particular spine problem.
- Sacroiliac joint (SI) pain: To treat the pain they will provide physical therapy, stretching exercises, pain medication.
- Hip, shoulder, and knee pain: To treat it they use a combination of intra-articular injections, viscosupplementation injections, regenerative injections, nerve blocks, radiofrequency treatments, and medications to lessen joint pains.
- Vertebral Compression Fractures: At Valley Pain Clinic, vertebroplasty and kyphoplasty are common techniques used to accomplish this.
Their offered treatments fulfill the latest technique procedures, placing a great emphasis on diagnosis and treatment selection. Among their offered services they are:
- Spine and joint injections of all types: Injection types include epidural injection, sacroiliac joint injection, facet joint injection, and intra-articular (joint) injections of all types. The intent is to place the medication in the pain-generating area to relieve chronic or acute discomfort.
- Radiofrequency treatments: This type of treatment is administered directly on the nerve causing the discomfort. We apply heat in the form of electrical current preventing the nerve from carrying pain signals. Radiofrequency treatments typically provide pain relief for 6 months or longer.
- Nerve Blockade: They perform ultrasound and fluoroscopically-guided injections to reduce nerve inflammation on a wide variety of peripheral nerves.
- Regenerative Injection Treatments (“prolotherapy”): This treatment consist of injecting natural substances in areas where tendons and ligaments are loose resulting in stimulation of tissue growth
- Vertebroplasty/kyphoplasty: Being a rebuilding process to restore fractured vertebrae due to osteoporosis and/or injury due to a fall.
- Spinal Cord Stimulator Implant (SCS): It involves a specialist using a pacemaker-like device that overrides the pain with a more bearable sensation that could feel like tingling or massaging. The device is implanted in the patient’s lower back and is only activated by the patient in the event of pain.
Learn more about some of the conditions they treat and treatments by visiting https://valleypainclinic.net/ and check out their “Pain Clinic Near Me” section, to find out the best place to treat your pain. Book an appointment and start living your best life!
Name: Ahmad Shikhtholth, MD
Organization: Valley Pain Clinic
Address: 2208, Danville Rd, SW Suite, G Decatur, AL, 35601
Phone: (256) 301-9994