Originally posted on https://www.ageless-nutrition.com/hip-pain-exercises/
Anyone who has ever experienced the debilitation of hip pain knows how tough it can be to work through. Getting on with your day can be an unpleasant experience, leading to cramps and muscle pain all up and down your side. Thankfully there are some exercises you can do that will help you relieve that hip pain and improve your mobility levels. Interested? Read on to find out more.
Why Do I Get Hip Pain?
You can get hip pain on either side of your body and the inside or the outside of your hip joint. There are different areas of hip pain and where your pain is may significantly affect your diagnosis. Some clues are as follows:
- Hip Joint problems feel like an ache on the inside of your hip, in the groin area.
- Muscle, tendon, and ligament issues feel like upper thigh or buttock pain.
- Hip pain in all the areas mentioned can sometimes be a transference of diseases in other parts of the body (Mayo Clinic).
Many people will also experience hip pain in the night while they sleep. This is because it is a pressure point of the body, and you place weight there while you rest. If you don’t move all night you experience pain in the same way as sleeping on your arm might cause it to go numb. If this is the case, then you should be able to exercise it out!
Best Exercises To Relieve Hip Pain
Stretching It Out With Yoga
Stretching out the area can take some of the pressure off the area by loosening up the ligaments and tendons (Everyday Health).
The bridge exercise from yoga practice is perfect for this since it pushes muscle groups in the opposite direction that they usually stretch.
- Lie down on your back with your legs spread slightly apart.
- Next, raise your hips off the ground and bend your knees, keeping your shoulders and arms in contact with the ground at all times.
- Hold this stretch for a few seconds and then repeat.
The Dancer Pose can also be of use to you – if you have the balance!
- Standing with your feet shoulder width apart, lift one foot off the ground and lean forward until that leg stretches out behind you.
- Catch the leg with the corresponding hand and balance your stretch by leaning the other hand forward.
- Repeat this with each leg
This one comes from the doctors! Stand with one arm out to one side and the other arm holding onto a steady surface. Raise the right knee to the level of the hip while keeping the left leg straight. Do not hold the position but do repeat this exercise for hip pain between five and ten times for each leg (Medical News Today).
The Mini Squat
This exercise involves standing with your feet shoulder width apart and gently lowering the body to the ground while keeping the feet flat. The lower you can go the better – but don’t push yourself and use a chair for support if you have to!
Hip Joint Pain Relief Supplements
The exercises above can have a positive impact on the health of joints, but adding supplements and vitamins can make an incredible difference. Vitamins and minerals are necessary to keep your body healthy, and they also help reduce inflammation and pain within the hips. You can find some of these healthy joint and bone supporting ingredients in:
- Vitamin D
You can find most of these supplements in our unique blend of ingredients for AgelessJOINTS. AgelessJOINTS is an all-natural health supplement to promote stronger bones, increased mobility, and healthy joints. This premium pain relief supplement has helped active individuals live a more comfortable life. Reduce pain and enjoy your days even more!