IronOCR is a C# software library allowing .NET platform software developers to recognize and read text from images and PDF documents. It is a pure .NET OCR library using the most advanced Tesseract engine ever known.
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Chicago, IL, July 20, 2022 — IronOCR is a C# software library allowing .NET platform software developers to recognize and read text from images and PDF documents. It is a pure .NET OCR library using the most advanced Tesseract engine ever known.
Iron OCR is an easy-to-install, complete and well-documented .NET software library. Choose IronOCR to achieve 99.8%+ OCR accuracy without using external web services, ongoing fees or sending confidential documents over the internet.
Here are some of the features Why C# developers choose IronOCR over other companies:
- Install as a single DLL or Nuget
- Includes Tesseract 5, 4 and 3 Engines out of the box.
- Accuracy 99.8% significantly outperforms regular Tesseract.
- Blazing Speed and MultiThreading
- MVC, WebApp, Desktop, Console & Server Application compatible
- No Exes or C++ code to work with
- Full PDF OCR support
- To perform OCR on almost any Image file or PDF
- Full .NET Core, Standard and FrameWork support
- Deploy on Windows, Mac, Linux, Azure, Docker, Lambda, AWS
- Read barcodes and QR codes:
- Export OCR as to XHTML
- Export OCR to searchable PDF documents
- Multithreading support
- Extract Images, Coordinates, Statistics and Fonts. Not just text.
- It can be used to redistribute Tesseract OCR inside commercial & proprietary applications.
Iron OCR shines when working with real-world images and imperfect documents such as photographs or scans of low resolution, which may have digital noise or imperfections. Other free OCR libraries for the .NET platform, such as other .net tesseract APIs and web services, do not perform so well in these real-world use cases.
Barcodes and QR
A unique feature of Iron OCR is that it can read barcodes and QR codes from documents while scanning for text. Instances of the OcrResult.OcrBarcode Class give the developer detailed information about each scanned barcode.
125 Language Packs
Iron OCR supports 125 international languages via language packs distributed as DLLs, which can be [downloaded from this website]()/csharp/ocr/languages/, or also from the NuGet Package Manager.
Languages include German, French, English, Chinese, Japanese and many more. Specialist language packs exist for passport MRZ, MICR checks, Financial Data, License plates and many more. You can also use any tesseract “.traineddata” file – including ones you create yourself.
OCR Image Enhancement Filters
IronOCR provides unique filters to OcrInput objects to improve OCR performance and correct low-quality, noisy, distorted scans.
IronOCR works out of the box without needing to performance-tune or heavily modify input images. Speed is Blazing: IronOcr.2020 + is up to 10 times faster and makes over 250% fewer errors than previous builds.
To learn more about OCR in C#, VB, F#, c# ocr image to text, c# ocr, tesseract ocr c#, or any other .NET language, please read our community tutorials, which give real-world examples of how Iron OCR can be used and may show the nuances of how to get the best out of this library. Also, a complete API reference for .NET developers is available.