Photo by Christian Wiediger
t’s important for you to be familiar with Amazon and how products are described on their site in the product description.Understanding this will help drive more sales and hopefully ignite a desire to review your items, which makes Amazon happy because they don’t want customers avoiding them. Amazon prides itself on being the go-to place for consumers to buy anything online. And with an estimated 469 million monthly customers that use their site to shop, this fact alone is huge.
Key takeaway: Increase your sales and awareness with successful Amazon and overall e-commerce marketing strategies.
Clear, professional, and dogmatic descriptions aren’t everything. Amazon strives to provide customers with a description that inspires them to buy whatever they’re interested in and not to avoid it because of its description. They display writers’ diverse backgrounds and opinions and believe strong writing is the best way to describe products. However, it’s also important to understand the feedback, progress, and deeper insights they share. For example, they recently wrote a blog post discussing why certain types of customer visits don’t seem to be age-specific. Now that they’ve provided more specific insight into the types of customers who experience a product differently, they’re hoping this will spark more recognition among younger customers. This is a common example of how they’re listening to their customers and gaining insights.
Key takeaway: A clear and professional description can help send traffic to a page, improve engagement, and increase overall revenue.
What makes for a compelling product description is making sure the reader understands what the item does and how to use it.
Here are a few tips to help create a clear and informative product description:
- Paragraph structure: Tell at least four things from one to four sentences about your product in just one to four sentences or less.
- Common pitfalls: Using too many keywords: It’s important not to include too many keywords in your product profile when describing the item. It is hard to make rules with multiple-word keywords. Amazon’s visual search misses many potential matches by accident. Keep it to one to three keywords.
Key takeaway: Use the perfect Amazon keywords and phrases to drive maximum sales.
Short label your products and make them easy for customers to find on Amazon by using Amazon’s visual search or keywords.
An Amazon short label is an item description that includes “!” at the end for easy search.
- What does your product do?
- What does it look like?
- A good description should answer these questions
- Include what the product looks like and how it works. How it works is key.
Avoid listing the functionality as well as the features. Ask an Expert or credible source for the answers.
Describe without telling, explain why it’s important, introduce the benefits, and highlight the big benefits first.
An Amazon Expert will tell you if an item is sellable or not based on how it’s structured and described.
There are specific things we can include in our product descriptions that help increase sales. These are the main aspects we want to promote to Amazon shoppers.
Make sure you clarify all of these points above.
Key takeaway: Use the Amazon visual search! Avoid long-winded sentences.
- Here’s an example of an overall headline writing strategies:
- Aviation stocks plane tickets in 2021: C4.Com
Key takeaway: Write more unique, informative headlines using overall headline writing strategies.
Extract core value of your idea:
- Amazon Genesis details what customers will get for their money: C4.Com/Amazon
Key takeaway: Investigate and uncover your customers’ most important primary use case for your product or service before you create it.