Photo by TCI Roofing
Originally Posted On: Can a General Contractor Do Roofing? | Roofing Contractors (manhattanroofingnyc.com)
For people who suddenly have a damaged roof due to many reasons, life could get stressful. While roof repairs are an immediate need, there are matters to take into account before life could get normal again, especially if you are located in the busy of NYC. So why not hire certified roofing contractors NYC?
Difficulties of Leaking or Damaged Roof
Trying to keep water from tipping into a home could be really time consuming and stressful. Imagine keeping the water spill at the minimum with buckets, pots, or any container you can find. The scenario could be a disaster. Thus, it is important to deal with the damaged roof after severe weather conditions.
Moving furnishings from areas stricken with the problems of a leaky roof is additionally crucial. This typically involves lots of lifting that is definitely not easy on the muscles and could cause strains too.
Making sure that the electric system is protected from the leak is another big concern that may cause major issues invaluable electronic devices and potential risk of a house fire.
On top of an already piling up, issues are repair and repair costs. A repair could take considerable time, and it can become complex too, not to mention that it could make expensive.
General Contractor and Roofing Contractor Difference
A general contractor is a go-to person to help you fix anything or everything on your home or property. However, you can still hire someone to especially fix your roof, your windows, your door, and other features inside and outside of your home.
Let’s get more into details.
A general contractor (also called as the prime contractor or main contractor) is someone responsible for the daily supervision, facilitation, and coordination of ongoing construction. However, a certified roofing contractor (also called a roofer) is a skilled construction worker who has specialization in roof construction. This includes roof replacement, repair, and installation with the use of various materials such as bitumen, metal, and shingles.
When it comes to any type of roofing project, choosing the services of a certified roofing contractor is the best option as they have the required skills and certification to do and complete the job. However, there are instances that you can find a general contractor who has a wide and comprehensive variety of functions, but this may not be the right choice for any homeowner.
Possible Issues When Working with General Contractors
Once you seek the services of a general contractor, they can assist you with all projects for your home or your property. They can help you with getting the roof fixed as well as overall roof replacement. General Contractors can work on a particular schedule for all areas of your home.
Even though a general contractor can get the roofing project done, there are a few concerns to take into account.
• A general contractor does not have a singular point of focus. This means the contractor may not be mindful of all the good points that could work nicely on your rooftop or specific surfaces that you can use.
• General contractors may also have lots of clients that can jeopardize the time needed for the job to get done. This is due to the number of tasks that they accept, considering that they are a jack of all trades.
• General contractors may not have sufficient certification to work on specific areas of the home. Roofing projects will need to have someone with the right certification to do the job.
Why do some homeowners still hire a general contractor over a licensed roofer?
Many homeowners (and building managers too) could be lured to seek the services of a general contractor instead of paying for the services of a licensed roofer to take care of damaged roof problems.
General contractors are practically less expensive compared to a licensed roofer. The lure to cut down costs each time a task needs to be done immediately is very powerful. Conversely, it’s a very simple fact that people must hire a skilled and licensed roofer when it comes to rooftop projects and issues.
Whilst a basic roofing problem could be handled by a general contractor, critical roof damage demands an expert roofer to deal with the job. Besides, roofers are highly trained, certified, and licensed to work in these areas.
The Best Option – Work with a Roofing Expert, Roofing Contractors NYC
Hiring the services of roofing experts is a better option for all of your roofing project – from installation to repairs. Here’s more:
• Roofers will know how every type of roof surface performs and its maintenance and repair requirements. A comprehensive understanding and experience is a must for the person you choose for your roofing project.
• Furthermore, rooftops could be extremely variable. Since every region has desired styles of the roof in line with the type of weather conditions, roofers are capable of working on them all.
• They generally have a broad array of specific tools and equipment to get onto the top of the roof, and a considerable level of experience keeping themselves stable on a raised platform, no matter if it’s a peaked roof structure or a level roof.
• Many general contractors may know about roofing; however, the majority of the technicalities and complexities associated with roofing are generally not noticed, and therefore problems could go neglected.
• Roofers tend to be more competent at observing roof problems and weak points that there is generally a significantly smaller window of issues getting even worse.
A roofing contractor focuses specifically on roofing jobs so that all issues regarding your roof will be resolved with better outcomes. A roofing contractor can offer an in-depth roof inspection to ensure overall home defense against various weather conditions.
You have to have a look at what you could possibly get from a skilled roofing contractor. Though you could have the choice to hire a general contractor, hiring a person who works exclusively for your roof like the roofing contractors NYC is definitely best. Working with a roofing expert boils down to the peace of mind you urgently need.