Photo by Lesly Juarez
Advantages of Dental Implants
1. Dental implants are fixed in place. They function, feel and even look like your own natural teeth.
2. The titanium root fuses to the surrounding bone over time, creating a durable root for the substitute tooth.
3. They dont require reducing enamel on neighboring teeth. When preparing of a traditional dental bridge to be placed in the mouth, the adjacent teeth need to be prepared by filing them for crowns. The false tooth becoming the bridge suspended between healthy teeth. In the case of dental implants, healthy adjacent teeth are left untouched.
4. For patients who are missing all of their teeth, they provide several advantages over removable dentures. Studies show that dentures give you a reduced chewing capacity, sometimes as low as 20%. Implant-supported teeth give you as much as a 90% chewing capacity. In a nutshell, dental implants preserve normal chewing function.
5. Dental implants also prevent bone loss associated with tooth extraction and long-term denture use. Dental implants actually prevent the bone loss that would normally occur underneath missing teeth. Implants also help to maintain the size and shape of your jaw. Implant supported crowns also cause the adjacent teeth to be stable in their natural positions, thereby preventing these teeth from shifting into the gap (left by the missing tooth) and causing problems with your bite. In the case of patients who have lost all of their teeth, this could even result in a sort of facial collapse which could even make dentures difficult to wear.
6. Dental implants are placed directly into the jawbone, this helps them maintain a root form in the bone. The titanium root of the implant imitates your tooth’s natural roots and that prevent bone deterioration. The bone at the root of the implant remains strong and functional.
Schedule a consultation with Dr. Naqvi to find out if you are a good candidate for dental implants!
Why Dental Implants?
Dental implants are a solution to replace missing teeth. They are also a way to improve the quality of your life. If you have lost a tooth or indeed several teeth, dental implants can be your doorway to better oral health, a more youthful appearance, renewed self-confidence and peace of mind.
The concept of dental implants was developed by a Swedish scientist and orthopedic surgeon, Dr. Per-Ingvar Branemark, almost 4 decades ago. Dr. Branemark work created the opportunity of regaining a renewed sense of self-assurance confidence for millions of individuals who have had to face the inconvenience and embarrassment of tooth loss.
When done by a skilled implantologist like Dr. Naqvi it’s difficult to tell a dental implant crown from a real tooth. By using dental implants, patients can avoid the problems associated with dentures. This could include slippage and chewing difficulties. Most of all they could avoid the longer-term loss of facial bone due to resorption.
Are you a good candidate for Dental Implants?
Dental implants are an effective solution to replace missing teeth. They have the added benefit of lasting for a very long time. Some of the factors that we take into consideration when we work with you include the following:
To be able to get dental implants, you should be in sound general and oral health. You should have adequate bone in your jaw that can hold the implants.
The best candidates for dental implants would ideally have healthy gum tissues that are free of periodontal disease and a healthy sinus and nerve location.
Even if you do not meet this criterion, meet Dr. Naqvi for a consultation, and she might be able to advise you if, through treatment, it might be possible for you to get dental implants.
Getting back that smile, through dental implants, might still be an option for you.
Why Choose Orion Dental for your Dental Implants
- Dr. Fahimay Naqvi is an AAID (American Academy of Implant Dentistry) Credentialled dentist. She is an Associate Fellow of AAID.
- Dr. Fahimay Naqvi is a Fellow of The International Congress of Oral Implantologists.
- We do a wide variety of dental implants across our offices in Milton, Scarborough and Aurora ON
- Our dental implants team is welcoming and friendly. Our team’s foremost task is to make you feel comfortable and confident throughout the implant procedure.
- We offer everyone a free dental implant consultation.
- We use the latest dental implant placement techniques and treatment protocols.
- We offer nitrous oxide sedation in addition to other conscious sedation options, for a close to painless treatment.
- We will explain the treatment, time needed, and costs to you in detail so that you can make an informed decision about your treatment.
- We also offer convenient financing options through a third-party financing company – Dentalcard. Please note that the Dentalcard company is not connected or affiliated with us in any way.
How To Choose A Dental Implant Dentist In Toronto
When looking for an Implant Dentist, what you are looking for is someone who has the education, credentials, and experience in implant dentistry.
An AAID-credentialed dentist or one with equivalent credentials would be educated and systematically trained in diagnosing need, planning, surgical placement, and the restoration of dental implants. A dentist who has made the commitment and effort that goes with this level of credentialing gives you the best chance of long-term implant success, with minimal complication and risk.
16 questions to ask your dental implant dentist:
- Are you an AAID or ICOI or equivalent credentialed implant dentist?
- What organization did you do your dental implant training with?
- What is your education and training in dental implant treatment?
- How many dental implant procedures have you performed?
- What is the rate of success of dental implants that you have placed?
- Which technique and type of replacement teeth or appliance do you recommend for me, and why?
- What steps are involved in the process?
- Will there be more than one surgeon during the surgery?
- What should be my expectation with regards to pain, recovery time, eating, etc.?
- Will I have teeth throughout the process?
- What type of anesthesia will I need?
- How long will it take for me to recover from the implant surgery?
- Are there any risks in the of treatment options that you are recommending for me?
- What are the specific benefits of dental implants for me?
- Would you be able to share some before-and-after pictures of other patients at your clinic?
- How much will my proposed treatment cost and what payment plans can you offer?
Dr. Fahimay Naqvi is an Associate Fellow of the American Academy of Implant Dentistry. She is also a Fellow of The International Congress of Oral Implantologists. She and the team at Orion Dental have the qualifications and experience necessary to provide the highest quality dental implant surgery and aftercare.
Need help with financing for dental implants?
Visit Dentalcard, a third party dental and medical financing company that we work with. Dentalcard could help you convert your cost of treatment to a monthly expense that you are comfortable with.
At Orion Dental, the best treatment and patient comfort are our highest priorities
Talk to us today about your oral health challenges and smile aspiration.
We are here to help. Call us today.